Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Just go with it"

    



 My lovely partner Jordan and I decided to go on a date and see the new movie out Just go with it! We chose this movie because I am in love with Adam Sandler!  This Movie came out on Feb 8, 2011. Directed by Dennis Dugan, Starring Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole KidmanOn a weekend trip to Hawaii, a plastic surgeon Danny convinces his loyal assistant Katherine to pose as his soon-to-be-divorced wife in order to cover up a careless lie he told to his much-younger girlfriend. Trying to make things work in his favor only turns out for disaster!  



Analyze: Director Dennis Dugan does a lot of funny movies. He directed movies like Grown Ups, Big Daddy, and Parenthood.  But he was also the director for something totally not in that genre, NYPD blue, which we all know as a crime show.  He has a wide variety of shows and movies he has helped directing!  We all know Adam Sandler is known for his funny appearance in almost all movies he does. The only serious roll I think he has played was in Reign Over Me. I think when going into a movie with Adam Sandler we are expecting to laugh our asses off though. 



Interpretation: I would think that this movie really has no importance to our culture, just entertainment value.  I do have to say that it does reflect a trend in our culture, for making people laugh and to give hope that love is still out there. I think the intended audience is probably age defined. More like 18 and above and I say 18 because it’s really defined for the average college student out to try and get laid, just my opinion. Offensive messages it didn’t include, other than maybe using a wedding ring in the wrong definition.  But it seems in our generation people don’t take marriage seriously anyway. So you never know. Stereotypes I think would be the average male. (Woman’s opinion) using a device to take a women home and get some. But also showing that it can backfire!  Which was my favorite part! 


Evaluation: I will have to say that this movie gets an A++ from me!  I think this was one of his better movies. It definitely held up to my standards for Adam!  I think that the strengths for this movie were as fallows; great story line, awesome acting and actors! Weaknesses would have to be that the ending was predictable, but it didn’t take anything away from the movie.  This movie was memorable for sure! Considering I saw it last week and am still thinking about it! I would definitely see this movie again in theaters!  I think the fact that I laughed harder than I have in years is what helped make it memorable!




 
Engage:  I actually watch almost all of Adam Sandler’s movies. They are some of my favorites! I like to talk about his movies, with my family and I often find that most people love his movies!  I would for sure go and see any movie with Adam Sandler in it!  But have to say that I don’t go and look for any of his movies, but if I see he is in it at a red box I rent it for sure! 

Summary: I learned that Adam Sandler played a serious roll, which I didn't even know was possible. Also I really enjoyed finding more movies I have not seen, that I will now try to rent or stream!  



No comments:

Post a Comment